Mel and Janet's Excellent Adventure

This blog is a way for Janet and Mel to communicate with friends and family during their incredible journeys following retirement. Of course, some adventures are less than incredible. You might not find those here. Their most recent adventure took them to Okinawa, Japan to see their now 4-year old twin grandchildren, Milana Michelle and Tavis Michael. Feel free to add your comments, questions, or just news. Private communications can be sent to m-muchnik@sbcglobal.net.

Friday, July 22, 2005

A Wonder of Europe says Time Magazine - the Millau Viaduct


IMG_0070
Originally uploaded by gsumel.
(Do read Janet's final posts just beyond these four photographs)

Pictured here is the Millau Viaduct which Time magazine describes in part:

"On certain misty, magical days, the Millau Viaduct, the world’s tallest roadway bridge, rises above the clouds as if it is linked earth to heaven. In fact, it traverses the valley of the River Tarn in southern France, the highest of seven slender pillars peaking at 343 meters (1,000 plus feet), 19 meters (about 60 feet) taller than the Eiffel Tower."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on how to cook artichokes, and the next I'm reading A Wonder of Europe says Time Magazine - the Millau Viaduct. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, Mel and Janet Muchnik, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on how to cook artichokes.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
I was searching for articles on how to cook artichokes when I came across A Wonder of Europe says Time Magazine - the Millau Viaduct, which is a bit weird really. I've enjoyed the experience but I'm not at all sure I've found what I'm looking for :0)

Just thought I'd say hello.

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mel and Janet Muchnik
And G'day from Downunder. I was hunting around the web for stuff on how to cook artichokes when I came across A Wonder of Europe says Time Magazine - the Millau Viaduct. It's just amazing what these searches turn up. I'm not sure I'm finding what I need, but I'm having a lot of fun. Have a great day!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home